1. How did you decide on your derby name? What does it mean to you?
I knew I wanted something cute and '80s inspired since those are my fave kinda things. I thought about a few other names, but back then we had to see if our desired names were too close to another name already registered, so then Hi-ho Gizmo was born! In Gremlins they all go watch Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, happily singing along "Hi-ho! Hi-ho!" I love that scene and Gizmo is just the cutest. So my name is like if Gizmo went a little wild :)
2. How did you get started as a roller derby official? How long have you been involved?
I had some friends in the league encourage me to help at a few games early on and it just went from there. Times I have been injured or not as active skating it has been a great way to stay involved and see everyone. I think I have been NSOing for around 5 years.
3. What's your favorite roller derby memory?
Oh man, so many great memories! Hard to choose just one. Any time I am laughing with the awesome SFV gang is a great memory!
4. Who inspires you, both on and off the track?
It's gotta be my derby wife, Dovahkill. She is just the best all around! She always works hard and is there to help everyone at any time.
5. What's your spirit animal? Why?
My parents always say sloths are! Haha, sounds about right! They are definitely one of the animals I hold most dear to my heart.
6. What's something you wish all skaters knew or realized?
To not take everything so seriously. We are all here to have fun!
7. When you're not on the track, where can we find you?
Doing something animal related, whether it be hanging with my dogs, watching nature documentaries, working with exotic animals or visiting animal facilities.